A Duck with a Blog

| Home |

2nd Graders Write About Our Missing Duck

We showed our duck blog to the 2nd graders this afternoon and asked them to write a fictional or nonfictional story about where the missing duck might be. Click on the duck below to read (unedited!) responses:

05.jpg

Comments

1.    gabrielle says:

the duck story is funny and i lke it .But it’s kind of corny ,because a duck can not fall out the sky.

Posted September 14, 2007, 10:22 am #      
  2.    monae says:

thats very sad the duck was gone i wishi new where the duck was

Posted September 14, 2007, 10:22 am #      
  3.    scottmcglynn says:

Hi there,

We are a grade 2 class from Buninyong Primary School in Victoria, Australia and we are interested in communicating with other schools and classes around the world! We have created our very own Blog Site with games, fun and discussion blogs. Feel free to come along to our site and get added to our Visitor’s Blog page so that you too can become apart of our online community!

Kind Regards,

2SM.

Posted September 18, 2007, 5:31 am #      
  4.    Kim says:

I am a Technology Facilitator near Atlanta Georgia. I think it is great that the students are involved with blogging. We have started in our school recently. I also like that you left the creative (inventive) spelling instead of editing.

Posted February 26, 2008, 9:37 pm #      
  5.    Thing #4 Blogs are fun - Jennifer Coleman says:

I thought this is very creative. i love the idea of little ones being able to blog. I am a teaching assistant in Mesquite, TX and I think it is great that our younger students are being able to use technology in such a fun way. It makes learning so much fun for the students and so much more fun for the teacher to get to teach. I like the story.

Posted October 21, 2008, 1:47 am #      
  6.    Steffani Tuttle says:

Thing 4

Shopping was definitely the top choice of where Daisy went. She must be a duck after my own heart. I think that the mall is where my friends would look for me first. I enjoyed reading all of the imaginative post that the class wrote

Posted February 19, 2009, 6:52 pm #      
  7.    Mikie says:

I enjoyed the stories about the duck! It reminded me of Robert McCloskey’s Make Way For Ducklings.

Posted February 24, 2009, 2:49 pm #      
  8.    Thing #4 Blogs Deborah says:

I really enjoyed reading all the different stories about what happened to the duck. It is amazing that 2nd graders know how to blog. I really liked the variety, some told stories while others asked more questions to the question.

Posted May 23, 2009, 1:38 pm #      
  9.    Donna says:

This is awesome!We have a wild bunny that we could blog about. Thank you for inspiring my students.

Posted June 4, 2009, 9:19 pm #      
  10.    Tricia says:

I really enjoyed the creative stories. I think it’s great how 2nd graders can blog. What a wonderful learning experience for them!

Posted July 4, 2009, 8:43 pm #      
  11.    sherry says:

What a wonderful activity for your students! I would love to start blogging in my classroom but I am just begining to understand it myself. This is one of my goals to reach this year. My second graders would love this. Thank you for inspiring me!

Posted September 23, 2009, 5:29 pm #      
  12.    Sherry says:

Wonderful idea! This has really inspired me to try blogging with my students. That is going to be my goal this year. I look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with in the future! Thanks for sharing!

Posted September 30, 2009, 12:58 pm #      
  13.    Lachy From 5/6 MM says:

Nice Blog. The Theories are awsome. And as Mr. Muldoon would say, MULDOON!

Posted November 10, 2009, 6:16 pm #      
  14.    Kara says:

I loved reading their theories about the missing duck. Besides the fact that the students are more creative than I could ever be I treasure the concept of letting them imagine and knowing they may never get their answer. This kind of learning inspires intellectual curiosity that no worksheet ever can. Thank you to all the enducators who are willing to think outside the box!

Posted January 23, 2010, 9:31 pm #      
  15.    Deborah Kloder says:

Posted April 23, 2010, 1:52 pm #      
  16.    Julie Kramer says:

It has been fun reading this blog. As a second grade teacher, I am excited to start blogging with my class as well. It was so interesting to read the story extensions on your blog- what a great idea. Thanks!

Posted May 3, 2010, 12:53 pm #      
  17.    mrsshapiro says:

What a fun activity for 2nd graders to learn and create for a blog post. I am currently taking a Web 2.0 course on integrating Web 2.0 into our curriculum. Your activity is great way to introduce blogging to students. I am always interested in learning how to incorporate blogging into my classroom.

Posted May 3, 2010, 1:05 pm #      
  18.    Coach R says:

I enjoyed reading the students’ duck theories. Very cute way to get kids using technology such as blogging. It’s creative writing via blog. Very cute!

Posted May 3, 2010, 3:33 pm #      
  19.    tangelaponders says:

I think this is an awesome way to pull students into a constructive and creative way of writing. It gives them a visual to go by and helps the students to have a way to identify with their writing.

Posted September 26, 2010, 3:23 pm #      
  20. I was a student of rebokon elementary school.
    And i love remembering my grade two time, this is very interesting.

Posted May 10, 2011, 11:25 pm #      
  21. It is fun to read your cute story about duck but Whatever you had mention in. The post is very beautiful and true. Thanks for the information and the heads up on this subject.

Posted May 12, 2011, 10:30 pm #      

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. sjuhan – web 2.0 - And then there are these …
  2. Silverman23things
  3. THING 4: Blogging | Katherine Mayo Summer 2012
  4. K12 Learning - Blogging~ Thing 4